Subscribe Today
Autumn Harvest Festival Fair

Ann Turner Coordinator The Harvest Festival Fair is fast approaching, and we hope all the.

September 2 and 3 ~ Watoga Art in the Park

Bringing together artists and the great outdoors Watoga Art in the Park will feature a.

August 21 ~ Great American Eclipse

Sophie Knudsen Public Education Assistant Green Bank Observatory   Have you heard? This summer, you.

August 18-20 ~ Dunmore Daze

Friday, August 18 4 to 6 p.m. – Spaghetti dinner. Adults, $6, children under 10,.

August 12 ~ Watoga Mountain Trail Challenge

Sponsored by the Watoga State Park Foundation 5K 8:40 a.m. The Watoga 5K race route.

August 12 ~ Marvelous Wonderettes

The Greenbrier Valley Theatre’s Marvelous Wonderettes return to the stage at the Pocahontas County Opera.

Cass Scenic Railroad State Park Full Moon Hike ~ August 7

Cass Scenic Railroad State Park has monthly Full Moon Hikes scheduled for the summer months..

August 11 and 12 ~ Blues, Brews and Barbecue Festival at Snowshoe Mountain

Friday, August 11 7:30 p.m. – Musical entertainment featuring Ministers of Soul Saturday, August 12.

Tours at Cass Scenic Railroad State Park

Visitors to Cass Scenic Railroad State Park are invited to take a tour showcasing the.

August 5 ~ Nafisi headlines Lewisburg Literary Festival

The 2017 Lewisburg Literary Festival will feature Azar Nafisi, an enthusiastic crusader for books and.

August 4 and 18 ~ SETI Tours

The three-hour SETI Tour at the Green Bank Observatory celebrates the observatory’s Search for Extra.

August 5 ~ Treasure on the Mountain

The Greatest Raffle on the Greatest Mountain It’s mind-blowing! Buying a raffle ticket for the.

August 1 ~ Enjoy Chamber Music at the GBO

The Garth Newel Music Center Emerging Artist Fellowship Program will present a program of chamber.

I Remember…

Gerry Parker Morrison World War II After a recent visit to the Military Museum in.

Friendship and the art of telling a good lie

Jaynell Graham Editor   Another Pioneer Days is in the books. Many of the original.

Readin’ the old-fashioned way

Laura Dean Bennett Contributing Writer Old McGuffey Readers are highly collect-ible antiques these days, but.

The power of pets

Laura Dean Bennett Contributing Writer I’ve long held that our pets are more than just.

I Remember

The nursing profession ~ past and present by Gerry Parker Morrison I came to Pocahontas.

Great American Eclipse viewing party

Sophie Knudsen Public Education Assistant Green Bank Observatory   Have you heard? This summer, you.

Homegrown Music and Arts Festival ~ June 30 – July 4

The Homegrown Music and Arts Festival is a celebration of the music, arts and culture.