Pasteurized

Alice McClintic Moore 1904 ~ 1986 For the last twenty years a battle has been raging in Marlinton. I don’t mean that we inhabitants have been in a state of siege all that time. We have...

Music and the Child

by Alice McClintic Moore 1904 ~ 1986 I spent my childhood and grew up in a small town. That phrase, grew up, is literally true, for when I grew I didn’t fool around with inches, I...

A day at the House of Delegates

Three Marlinton Middle School students were selected to serve as pages for the House of Delegates March 27. Pictured l to r: Delegate Bill Hartman (D), Macaden Taylor, Makenna McKenney and Bracie Sheets. Photo...

Cub Scout Pack #33 hosts annual Father-Son Bake-off

Cub Scout Pack #33 held its annual Father Son Bake-off and Blue and Gold Banquet Sunday at the Community Wellness Center in Marlinton with 95 people in attendance. Ben Wilfong was the auctioneer for...

Enjoying ~ and staying active in ~ retirement

Around the world and home again   The view out the windows of a beautiful sunroom that overlook the mountains and the land farmed by his ancestors and, to the north, the Pocahontas County Country Club...

The New Sheriff and the 1962 Marlinton High School Copperheads

Bobby Galford ~ A Copperhead for life Class of 1962 What a year! Why, you ask? Well, that’s the year a “New Sheriff” arrived on the scene for the Copperheads football team. Who am I talking...

Bing Brothers featuring Jake Krack return to Opera House

Traditional music powerhouse the Bing Brothers featuring Jake Krack return to the Pocahontas County Opera House Saturday, April 1, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10. Youth 17 and younger are admitted free of charge. For...