[caption id="attachment_22327" align="aligncenter" width="600"]<img src="https:\/\/pocahontastimes.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/25\/2018\/10\/PRes.-Poca.jpg" alt="" width="600" height="949" class="size-full wp-image-22327" \/> Huntersville Presbyterian Church Postcard[\/caption]\r\n\r\nThe Huntersville Presbyterian Church was built as a one-story structure in 1854 and served the community as a place of worship until 1971. In 1855, the women of Huntersville formed the Female Benevolent Society for the purpose of raising funds to purchase a bell. The church was used as a hospital for Federal and Confederate troops during the War Between the States. In 1895-96 a second floor was added as a hall for the Masonic Lodge. The Masonic Emblem can be seen atop the steeple in this photograph. The Huntersville Presbyterian Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 and is open for public tours during Huntersville Traditions Day. Courtesy of Rene White, ID: PHP000546\r\n\r\nAccess the \u201cPreserving Pocahontas\u201d Digital Library at www.pocahontaspreservation.org or www.preservingpocahontas.org If you have historical records or photographs to be scanned for the county Historical Archive contact Preservation Officer B. J. Gudmundsson at 304-799-3989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Prints of photographs are available.