NOTICE OF ADMINISTRATION TO CREDITORS, DISTRIBUTEES & LEGATEES
Notice is hereby given that the following estate(s) have been opened for probate in the Pocahontas County Clerk’s Office at 900C Tenth Avenue, Marlinton, WV 24954-1333. Any person seeking to impeach or establish a will must make a complaint in accordance with the provisions of West Virginia Code 41-5-11 through 13. Any interested person objecting to the qualifications of the personal representative or the venue or jurisdiction of the court, shall file written notice of an objection with the County Commission through the Pocahontas County Clerk’s Office at the address listed above within 60 days after the date of the first publication or within 30 days of the service of the notice, whichever is later. If an objection is not filed timely, the objection is forever barred. Any person interested in filing claims against an estate must file them in accordance with West Virginia Code 44-2 and 44-3A.
Settlement of the estate(s) of the following named decedent(s) will proceed without reference to a fiduciary commissioner unless within 60 days from the first publication of this notice a reference is requested by a party of interest or an unpaid creditor files a claim and good cause is shown to support reference to a fiduciary commissioner.
First Publication Date: Thursday, April 15, 2021
Claim Deadline Date: Monday, June 14, 2021
ESTATE NUMBER: 14217
ESTATE OF: RICHARD B. HINER
EXECUTRIX: Patricia A. Hiner
P. O. Box 335
Durbin, WV 26264-0335
ESTATE NUMBER: 14235
ESTATE OF: GLADYS PAULINE THOMPSON
CO-EXECUTOR: Virgil Allen Butler, Jr.
3537 Goldmine Road
Goldvein, VA 22720-2038
CO-EXECUTOR: Diana Jean Lester
1295 Thomastown Road
Marlinton, WV 24954-1476
ESTATE NUMBER: 14236
ESTATE OF: GERALDINE MORRISON
EXECUTRIX: Catherine Kitchen
509 Hall Street
Charleston, WV 25302-1905
ESTATE NUMBER: 14238
ESTATE OF: ESPERANZA RIOS
EXECUTOR: Michael Deweese
897 Beaver Creek Road
Marlinton, WV 24954-6021
Subscribed and sworn to before me on April 12, 2021.
Melissa L. Bennett
Clerk of the Pocahontas County Commission
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF
HARDY COUNTY, WEST VIRGINIA
IN RE: NAME CHANGE OF TJC TO TJB AND TJC TO TJB
Civil Action No.: 20-P-49
The object of this suit is to obtain a name change.
To James M. Campbell:
It appearing that the Biological Father is a resident of the State of West Virginia, it is hereby ordered that James M. Campbell, II serve upon Brian J. Vance, Petitioners’ attorney, whose address is 255 West Main Street, P.O. Box 1810, Romney, West Virginia 26757, an answer, including any related counterclaim or defense you may have to the complaint filed in this action on or before the 21st day of May 2021. If you fail to do so, thereafter judgment, upon proper hearing and trial, may be taken against you for the relief demanded in the petition.
A copy of said petition can be obtained from the Hardy County Circuit Clerk’s Office.
• A hearing in this matter is scheduled before the Honorable H. Charles Carl, III in Hardy County, West Virginia, on the 21st day of May 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Brian J. Vance, Attorney
Sherman Law Firm
Romney, WV 26757
IN THE FAMILY COURT OF
POCAHONTAS COUNTY, WEST VIRGINIA
IN RE: THE MARRIAGE OF
CHRISTOPHER GUMM, Petitioner
and Civil Action No. 20-D-31
APRIL GUMM, Respondent
ORDER OF PUBLICATION
THE OBJECT OF THIS SUIT IS TO OBTAIN A DIVORCE
To the Above Named Respondent: APRIL GUMM
It appearing by affidavit filed in this action that APRIL GUMM is a non-resident of the State of West Virginia or has an unknown address. It is hereby ordered that April Gumm serve upon the pro se Petitioner, whose address is 1829 ½ Bigley Avenue, Apt. 2, Charleston, WV 25302, an Answer, including any related counterclaim or defense you may have to the Petition/Amended Petition for Divorce filed in this action on or before May 10, 2021.
If you fail to do so, thereafter judgment, upon proper hearing and trial, may be taken against you for the relief demanded in the petition.
A Final Hearing will be held in this matter on May 18, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
A copy of said Petition can be obtained from the undersigned Clerk at her office.
Entered by the Clerk of said Court, April 9, 2021.
Connie M. Carr, Circuit Clerk of Pocahontas County
By Cindy D. Beverage, Deputy
NOTICE TO BID
Denmar Correctional Center, Denmar Road, is accepting bids for two (2) cuttings of approximately 35 acres of hay.
Bids must include the bale weight and price per pound.
Bids must be submitted to Sylvia Haney, ASO, 4319 Denmar Road, Hillsboro, WV 24946.
You may call 304-653-4201 for further information.
Bids will be accepted through 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
The proposed 2021-2022 Budget for Pocahontas County Schools will be available for inspection and review at the Board of Education Office beginning Friday, April 30, 2021, through Tuesday, May 11, 2021, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., excluding days school is not in session.
The budget will be presented for adoption to the Board at the regular meeting on Tuesday, May11, 2021, beginning at 6 p.m. at the Pocahontas County Board of Education Office in Buckeye, West Virginia.
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION CONTRIBUTION REQUESTS
In order to better serve all individuals, groups and organizations seeking contributions and/or funding from the Pocahontas County Commission, our office has set aside the first Tuesday of August, November, February and May for discussion and/or action of requests made for consideration. Letters or other correspondence may be addressed to our office at 900 Tenth Avenue, Marlinton, West Virginia 24954. Appointments or scheduling of presentations may still be made at any meeting, noting that decisions may be deferred until one of the above-scheduled dates. Guidelines for contributions for fiscal year 2020-2021 are listed below. Requests to be placed on the agenda for the May session must be made to the County Commission Office no later than 12:00 noon on April 29, 2021. Please contact the Commission Office at 304-799-6063 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Pocahontas County Commission will have four (4) funding request meetings per year, one meeting per quarter. To be considered for contribution requests:
(1) All groups, organizations or entities must have representative available at County Commission meeting at time of the initial presentation; no exceptions will be made;
(2) All groups, organizations or entities must show proof (i.e., copy) of its Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued 501(c) or other non-profit status, or in the case of a public entity (i.e., school board or town), a verified statement of public purpose behind the request; the information requested in this section must be made available to the Commission upon the initial presentation, noting that if any of the documentation is missing the request will not be considered by the Commission;
(3) All individuals, groups, organizations or entities seeking contributions must possess a valid copy of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued 501(c) or other non-profit documentation matching the exact name of the group, organization or entity, except in the case of a public entity (i.e., school board or town) or a request of $500.00 or less (see No. 7 below); no other exceptions will be made;
(4) All requests must contain itemized budget and a financial statement from group, organization or entity at time of initial request, or if request is from a public entity (i.e., school board or town) such budget and financial documents must be presented for the specific project; the information requested in this section must be made available to the Commission upon the initial presentation, noting that if any of the documentation is missing the request will not be considered by the Commission;
(5) Only one request per fiscal year from each group, organization or entity will be considered and such request may only be presented no sooner than the one (1) year anniversary of any prior request, and will be determined by the named payee on previously issued checks; no exceptions will be made;
(6) No requests will be approved for any group, organization or entity in an amount over and above $5,000.00 per fiscal year;
(7) Any group, organization or entity requesting a contribution from the Commission in an amount of $500.00 or less per fiscal year shall be exempt from providing documentation regarding its 501(c) or other non-profit status; however, all requests must contain itemized budget and a financial statement; the information requested in this section must be made available to the Commission upon the initial presentation, noting that if any of the documentation is missing the request will not be considered by the Commission.
(8) Any group, organization or entity which receives a contribution and/or funding from the Pocahontas County Commission must file at the end of the State’s fiscal year, a report of all disbursements of the funds. Such report of disbursements must be in the form of an audit performed by an independent certified public accountant or, in lieu thereof, by submission of a statement sworn, under oath, by the highest officer or authority of the recipient, group, organization or entity. For purposes of this paragraph the State’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Walt Helmick, President
Pocahontas County Commission