2021 Garden Calendar
Given the overwhelming renewed interest in gardening this past year, West Virginia University Extension Service is helping both novice and seasoned gardeners gain tips, educational information and more via the 2021 garden calendar. “The Science of Gardening” looks at the science-based information behind gardening. Calendars are available at the WVU Extension Office in the basement of the courthouse, and will be available online in early 2021.
2021 Agriculture Educational Webinar Series
Each winter, WVU Extension Service brings education, know-how and research right to your community through a series of educational dinner meetings. Though we can’t gather in person this year, you are still invited to join us virtually for the 2021 agriculture webinar series.
Beginning on January 14, please join us every Thursday from 7 to 8 p.m. as we cover a new farm-focused topic. These weekly webinar sessions will take place via Zoom through the end of March.
Topics will include:
• January 14: Grazing management – Jeff Lehm-kuhler, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
• January 21: Small-scale poultry production – Joe Moritz, WVU Extension Service
• January 28: Fertilization in high tunnels – Lewis Jett, WVU Extension Service
• February 4: Pond management – Bryan Swistock, Penn State Extension
• February 11: Matching livestock production to consumer demands – Davey Griffin, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
• February 18: Grazing for soil health – Gabe Brown, Brown’s Ranch
• February 25: Weeds in the woods – Dave McGill, WVU Extension Service
• March 4: Are you calving at the right time? – Burke Teichert, Retired Cattle Reproduction Expert
• March 11: Weed management for pastures and hayfields – JD Green, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
• March 18: Three secrets to increasing profits – Dallas Mount, Ranch Management Consultants
• March 25: Market outlook for 2021 and the continued impact of COVID-19 – Derrell Peel, Oklahoma State University
Register to participate here: https://go.wvu.edu/ag-educational-series-registration
For more information about the webinar sessions, visit: https://extension.wvu.edu/2021-ag-webinar-series
If you have questions, please contact Alexandria Smith at Alexandria.Straight@mail.wvu.edu or John Murray at John.Murray@mail.wvu.edu