Celebrating Black History Month. This is the Wilson Chapel Methodist Church at Brownsburg, three miles northeast of Marlinton. The church was started in 1905 on land deeded to the church by Joseph Wilson. The building was originally an old school which was moved to the present site. The church is no longer active. Ministers who served the Wilson Chapel, The Pleasant Green Methodist Church on Seebert Lane, as well as Stewart Chapel in Marlinton include Mr. McGee, J. R. Davis, S. H. Brown, M. P. Minow, J. E. Dotson, S. W. Cohen, J. W. Warren, J. A. Reid, B.B. Martin, C. H. McPherson, W. A. Hughes, G. A. Thomas, D. L. Washington, Harry McDonald, Bradley Johnson, Willard Williams, C. E. Johnson, W. T. Spriggs, Mr. Carr, Theodore Semley, Ralph Monroe and Sanford Boggs. Photo by B. J. Gudmundsson, ID: PHP003256
Access the “Preserving Pocahontas” Digital Library at www.pocahontaspreservation.org or www.preservingpocahontas.org If you have historical records or photographs to be scanned for the county Historical Archive contact Preservation Officer B. J. Gudmundsson at 304-799-3989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Prints of photographs are available.