[caption id="attachment_23830" align="aligncenter" width="600"]<img src="https:\/\/pocahontastimes.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/25\/2019\/02\/Pres.-Poca-1.jpg" alt="" width="600" height="403" class="size-full wp-image-23830" \/> Pleasant Green Church Dedication - 2013[\/caption]\r\n\r\nCelebrating Black History Month: On June 29, 2013, former congregation members and family descendants gathered at the Pleasant Green Church on Seebert Road near Hillsboro. The occasion was to celebrate the listing of the church and the neighboring Pleasant Green School on the National Register of Historic Places. The Pleasant Green Methodist Episcopal Church was built in 1888 and served the black community for more than a century. The cemetery is located behind the church. Front row, l to r: Betty Church Mayo, Mary Church Taylor, George Church, Gloria Boggs Thompson and ?. Back row: Harold Eugene Stewart, Wilbur Boggs, George Bolden Sr., James Church, Rev. Howard Hinson and Robert Church. Courtesy of Ruth Taylor; ID: PHP003941\r\n\r\nAccess the \u201cPreserving Pocahontas\u201d Digital Library at www.pocahontaspreservation.org or www.preservingpocahontas.org If you have historical records or photographs to be scanned for the county Historical Archive contact Preservation Officer B. J. Gudmundsson at 304-799-3989 or email email@example.com Prints of photographs are available.