<a href="http:\/\/pocahontastimes.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/25\/2014\/03\/Pres.-Poca-web.jpg"><img class="alignleft size-medium wp-image-2706" alt="Pres. Poca web" src="http:\/\/pocahontastimes.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/sites\/25\/2014\/03\/Pres.-Poca-web-300x96.jpg" width="300" height="96" \/><\/a>\r\n\r\nThe photograph of Camp Black Mountain, F-15, Marlinton, W.Va. was probably taken shortly after its construction in 1935. This Civilian Conservation Corps Camp was home to the 2589th Company and was located on Williams River above the mouth of Big Laurel Creek. Camp Black Mountain was established in July of 1935, closed in March 1939, and re-opened for a short period in June 1941 with men from Camp Anthony. A \u201cSide Camp\u201d was established in 1937, located on Old Field Fork of Elk at the mouth of Roaring Run. Camp Black Mountain will be featured on a new interpretive sign soon to be erected on the Highland Scenic Highway. Terry Hackney, ID: PHP000750\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nAccess the \u201cPreserving Pocahontas\u201d Digital Library at www.pocahontaspreservation.org or www.preservingpocahontas.org If you have photographs or documents to be scanned for the county Historical Archive Project contact Preservation Officer B. J. Gudmundsson at 304-799-3989 or email email@example.com Prints of photographs from the archives are available.