The Seebert Depot, agency station and telegraph office with call SB, was located at Milepost 45.77 on the Greenbrier Division of the C&O Railroad.
Seebert was one of the original stations on the line. The community’s name comes from an early settler, Jacob Seybert. The depot building was originally 16.5 x 55 feet. In 1907 the freight room was lengthened by 25 feet. The building was located about 1,000 feet north of the present road crossing, west of the track. The Seebert agency was closed in July 1963 and the depot was sold and removed.
Other railroad facilities at Seebert included stock pens, section foreman’s house, bunk house and section tool house. (Pocahontas County Historical Society/Mildred Slavin photo. Info from The Greenbrier River Trail, Through the Eyes of History)
Access the “Preserving Pocahontas” Digital Library at www.pocahontaspreservation.org or www.preservingpocahontas.org