An excellent photo of Sitlington Station on the Greenbrier Division of the C&O Railroad. Gathered at the depot July 29, 1911 are the Station Agent, Section Crew, Mail Carrier and passengers waiting for the arrival of train No. 143. The depot seen here is the second building at this station. It replaced one that burned October 29, 1908, and is of a different style from the original depot structures.
(Courtesy of Pocahontas County Historical Society, ID PHS000791)
Access the “Preserving Pocahontas” Digital Library at www.pocahontaspreservation.org or www.preservingpocahontas.org