Mountain Transit Authority will begin bus service in Pocahontas County next month.
A list of schedules and farescan be found on page 12 of this edition of The Pocahontas Times.
Buses will not operate on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, and December 24, 25, 26 and 31.
How to Ride the Bus
The bus will not stop unless passengers are visible alongside the main road. When passengers see the bus approaching, wave your hand at the driver to indicate that you wish the bus to stop.
• Not all watches are set to the same time, so be at the bus stop early.
• ANYONE can ride the bus! MTA does not discriminate against an individual on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or familial status in the provision of public transportation services.
• For information on the company’s nondiscrimination obligations visit www.mtawv.com
• All buses have wheelchair lift equipment.
• 3/4 mile deviation service is available. Please call at least the day before to schedule your ride. Additional charges may apply. Please call for information.
• Schedules are available in alternative formats upon request.
• Passengers with disabilities may request modification to current service procedures to access the service. To make a request, please call 304-872-5872 or email email@example.com
Please submit requests at least the day before the trip.
• For your safety, please be seated quickly after boarding and remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
• Loud music or noise is not permitted on buses. No disorderly conduct is permitted on buses. Anyone not complying will be asked to leave the bus.
• Federal regulations ban smoking and drinking on buses.
• No pets are allowed on buses except service animals.
Suggestions, complaints or compliments?
We would like to hear from you.
Call toll free, 1-877-712-9432, or write to:
MTA, 1096 Broad Street, Summersville, WV 26651