What to bring to the Emergency Department
The Center for Disease Control estimates that 129.8 million people visit the Emergency Department each year. Most trips to the Emergency Department begin in a hurry. And many trips result in being admitted to observation at the hospital. When you or someone you love is in need of medical attention, the last thing on your mind is what to take with you. Pocahontas Memorial Hospital recommends knowing what you need and having certain things prepared in case an emergency should arise.
1. All medications.
2. List of allergies, surgeries other medical conditions.
3. Legal documents (including driver’s license, Medical Power of Attorney, living will, etc).
4. Primary care physician’s name and number.
5. Insurance cards as well as prescription cards if you have them.
1. Pediatrician’s name and number.
2. Immunization records.
3. List of child’s medications, allergies, surgeries, etc.
4. Favorite toy, book or other small item for entertainment while waiting.
5. All medications.
Whatever your reason for visiting Pocahontas Memorial Hospital, you can take comfort in the fact that our trained staff and physicians are here to provide dedicated and compassionate care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our Emergency Department is always open and we are always ready to serve your medical needs